Insuring your vehicle

Article reviewed: 2013/01/30 | Next review due: 2014/08/18

The Law states that you must have at least third party insurance for any vehicle registered.

There are, of course, a lot of insurers on the market. The easiest way to find the best deal is via price comparison websites, or internet searches. Prices often vary from one insurer to another. It is important not to give false information to your insurer, as your insurance cover could be declared null and void by your insurer on the basis of fraud and you could be liable to pay for all costs and damages.

There are three types of insurance:

  • Third Party (accident)
  • Third Party Fire & Theft (accident/fire/theft)
  • Comprehensive cover (all risks)

We strongly advise you to take Third Party Fire & Theft. When you take out insurance, you must consider the excess on your policy (what costs you must first pay before the insurer pays out any funds). Keep the excess level in mind when comparing insurance prices on comparison website and make sure you are comparing like-for-like.

0 Comments (Add your comment)

Add a comment:

First name:
email: ( Your email address is not given out and will remain private )

New at ?

Copyright © 2008-2016 Be a Londoner LLP